You can now order your repeat prescriptions on-line. To apply for this service please visit our On-Line Services page. Please note that a registration form will need to be completed for each member of your household (over the age of 18 years only).
If you are on long term medication, you can order your repeat prescription using one of the following:
- On-line Services – this is the most secure way to order your repeat prescriptions, it removes the chance of any mistakes being made and the request goes straight to the GP. You will need to register to use this service (patients must be age 18 years and above).
- Repeat Prescription Box – post your request in the repeat prescription box in reception.
- Fax your request to our dedicated repeat prescription fax line on 01829 732244.
- Post your request to us – please ensure the envelope is clearly marked “Repeat Prescriptions – Drs Adey & Dancy” – if you need your prescription posting back to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org – the repeat prescription e-mail address is only to be used for ordering repeat prescriptions. REMINDER FOR PATIENTS – the e-mail system of communication with the practice is NOT FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR ADVICE. If medical attention or advice is required please contact the practice or NHS 111 directly by telephone.
*Please register for our on-line service Patient Access as soon as possible to order your repeat prescriptions as we will be switching off the repeat prescription e-mail in due course.
Please click here to read the “prescription journey” document which explains the process involved in ordering a prescription and the guidelines for ordering in a timely manner.
Whichever way you order please bear in mind the following:
Please order your medication in a timely manner – the following is a guideline for time allowed from ordering your prescription to collecting it from the pharmacy, who also need time to process your order once it has left the practice:
Request Collect from Pharmacy
Patients wishing to leave their order forms at the Kelsall or Tarvin pharmacies may do so.
Please remember to state on your order form if you wish to collect your prescribed medication from the pharmacy in Kelsall, Tarporley, or Tarvin, or to collect it from the surgery.
For information on the Electronic Prescription Service please click here.
If you are on long term medication, please ensure you have enough medication to see you through bank holidays or time spent away from home.
We are keen to ensure that patients with on-going medical problems are monitored regularly. Patients taking regular medication for kidney disease, heart disease and diabetes for example should be reviewed twice yearly or at least annually. We have an information sheet for patients who have long standing medical conditions or who are taking regular medication. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
We also have a Medicine Manager, who is a designated member of staff responsible for dealing with prescription and medication queries. Please note she cannot take repeat prescription requests over the telephone and all requests for repeat medication should be made as above.
NHS Prescription Charges
For information on NHS charges, exemptions and how you may be able to save money on your prescription costs, please click here.