When your Doctor refers you for an X-Ray, you can choose to attend either The Countess of Chester Hospital or Leighton Hospital.
The Countess of Chester Hospital – Appointment only
(no open access system) – Tel: 01244 363043
- You will need to ring to make your appointment – Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 12 noon or 2.00 pm – 4.30pm.
- Please allow 3 hours following your GP appointment before ringing to make your appointment. This allows the hospital time to receive and process your referral form.
- The department is open for attendance for X-Rays Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 5.00pm.
- You will be offered the choice of an appointment at either the Countess of Chester or Ellesmere Port Hospital. Please note, parking fees at Chester start from £3 for up to 5 hours. Please contact the Cash Office (01244 366208) for full details of fees and exemption. There is no charge to park at Ellesmere Port Hospital.
- In order to help the hospital manage its services efficiently, it would be appreciated if you could contact them on the above number if you are unable to attend your appointment so that they can offer it to another patient.
- Please be advised that following your X-Ray, a hospital clinician may decide you need additional tests (eg a CT scan) to provide your GP with a definitive diagnosis. The hospital may therefore call you back for further imaging before you go back to your GP for the results.
- Please note the above information relates to X-Ray referrals only. If you have been referred for an Ultrasound, MRI, CT or Fluoroscopy examination, an appointment will be sent to you in the post.
Leighton Hospital – Open access for plain x-rays
- Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 7.30 pm and Saturday 9.00 am – 12 noon at Leighton Hospital (excluding bank holidays).
- Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 4.30 pm at Northwich Victoria Infirmary (excluding bank holidays).
Please attend at a time to suit you between the hours above, within one month of being referred by the GP. Unfortunately if you arrive outside the hours above you will not be x-rayed.
Please note the x-ray department cannot say when is the quietest/best time. You do not need to ring the department before attending.