Blood tests are taken by our Phlebotomist, by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. We do not routinely contact patients to inform them of their test results, therefore, you must telephone the surgery to obtain your results, taking into account the following:
- Please allow 3 working days for urine results and 1 week for routine blood results to be available.
- Please ring the surgery for the results between 12.30pm and 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
- To maintain patient confidentiality, we only release results to the patient, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed in writing.
Providing Urine Specimens
Please ask at reception for a suitable container to provide a urine specimen in. We cannot accept specimens provided in glass jars. Any patients that provide a specimen in a glass jar will be given the appropriate plastic container to transfer the specimen into. Please ensure your name and date of birth have been written on the pot label (and if you remember, to put the date and time taken).
- If possible, please obtain a specimen after a bath or shower
- Pass a small amount of urine into the toilet, then pass enough urine to fill the pot. Pass any remaining urine into the toilet
- Secure the lid, but not too tightly as to cause the pot to crack or give medical personnel difficulty in re-opening
- Please allow 3 working days for urine results to be available and you must contact us for the results.