Flu clinics are now available to book into!
Flu vaccination is safe and effective. It’s offered every year through the NHS to help protect people at risk of getting seriously ill from flu.
If you have not yet received a flu vaccination and you fall into one of the categories below then please ring our reception team on 01829 732401 – option 1 to arrange your appointment.
- aged 50 years or over (including those who will be 50 years old by 31 March 2023)
- a carer
- children aged 2 or 3 on 31 August 2022 (born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2020) given as a nasal spray
or you suffer from a long term health condition:
- heart problem
- chest complaint or serious breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or some people with asthma
- kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
- liver disease
- had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- some neurological condition, such as multiple sclerosis (MS) or cerebral palsy
- learning disability
- problems with your spleen, such as sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed
- seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
If you have not already received a pneumonia vaccination and are over the age of 65 or in one of the “at risk” groups mentioned above, it is advised that you are offered a pneumonia vaccination as well.
Make sure you are protected for the winter and book your appointment now!
We kindly ask on the day you attend to arrive no more than 5 minutes before your booked appointment and if you are able to walk to the health centre this will help to ease congestion in the car park.